Ultra-Clean Power Supply
The schematic has been around on the net for a long time, thanks to Rick Barker. This is a great project and a great little unit to build. The layout accommodates either a bridge rectifier unit, or a 4-diode bridge as shown in the schematic. I left room for a heat sink on the LM317T, but from what I can tell, it’s not needed, mine doesn’t seem to get hot at all. The layout is tight and the 1000uF cap should be populated last and can hover over the other components a little bit. I wanted to make the board as small as I could and this was a small, harmless sacrifice.
The diagrams show 3 output jacks, of course you can wire as many as you want. When you run out of pads on the board, wire them together at the jacks (daisy chain).
- Ultra-Clean Power Supply Build Instructions Text
- Ultra-Clean Power Supply Bill of Materials Text
- Ultra-Clean Power Supply Schematic
- Ultra-Clean Power Supply Parts Layout (diode bridge)
- Ultra-Clean Power Supply Parts Layout (bridge rectifier)
- Ultra-Clean Power Supply Ready-For-Transfer Printed Circuit Board Layout
- LM317 Data Sheet PDF