Regulated Power Supply
Here is a very simple but effective regulated power supply project. Regulated power is clean and a good power supply for multiple pedals.
Caution: Do not attempt to build this project unless you are familiar with all safety rules relating to 120 volt ac electrical household current. Use extreme caution when wiring and building this project! Misuse may lead to DEATH or serious injury.
The layout leaves plenty of room for most types of heat sinks on the regulator.
Note: If you want to use a 3-prong plug (in USA grid), you must securely attach the 3rd wire (ground) to the metal enclosure of the power supply. This is just like you would do for an amplifier. If you can’t figure out a way to bolt it very securely to the enclosure, then you’re better off with a two prong plug.
- Regulated Power Supply Bill of Materials
- Regulated Power Supply Schematic
- Regulated Power Supply Layout
- Regulated Power Supply Ready-To-Solder Pinted Circuit Board For use only if you are a complete DIY person who wants to etch and drill your own PCB. Otherwise, we recommend you ignore this PCB mask and buy the Ready-to-Solder Printed Circuit Board.
- Power Box Project using regulated power supply PCBs. Several power outputs from a single box.
Would you like a Ready to Solder Circuit Board for this project?