Ibanez Tube Screamer Replica
The ITS8 is a replica of the Tube Screamer 808 overdrive. This replica does not include the FET switching circuit of the original, it uses a true (total) bypass switch with an LED indicator circuit attached. The switching circuit has no effect on the sound of the stompbox. The layout is designed to accommodate several variations and modifications. Be sure to check out the Modifications file. Trademarks used here belong to their owners and no General Guitar Gadgets
- General Build Instructions
- ITS8 Instructions
- ITS8 Bill of Materials
- ITS8 Modifications
- ITS8 Schematic
- ITS8 Parts Layout/Wiring Diagram
- ITS8 Parts Layout/Wiring Diagram No clipper diode switch.
- ITS8 Ready-For-Transfer Printed Circuit Board Layout – For use only if you are a complete DIY person who wants to etch and drill your own PCB. Otherwise, we recommend you ignore this PCB mask and buy the Ready-to-Solder Printed Circuit Board or Complete Kit from the links below.
- Project Revisions History
Buy an ITS8 Complete Kit. Includes all the parts and materials you need to build one, all for about the price you would pay for a PCB and parts.
Would you like a Ready to Solder Circuit Board for this project? Note: If you buy the kit, the Ready-to-Solder Printed Circuit Board (RTS PCB) is included in the kit. You do not need to purchase this Ready to Solder Circuit Printed Board if you buy the kit.
Here’s an adaptation of the Boss SD-1 that can be built on the ITS8 PCB.
Here’s an adaptation of the MXR ZW-44 that can be built on the ITS8 PCB. There are some very minor adaptations, the input buffer is not biased like the ZW-44, but like an SD1. We don’t think that makes much difference in the sound.
Here’s some related schematics.
- Original TS-808 Schematic Thanks to Steve Cerutti.
- Overdone FullDive 1 Schematic Thanks to Steve Cerutti.
- Overdone FullDive 2 Schematic Thanks to Steve Cerutti.
Here are more links related to the Tube Screamer: