(Once) rare and always exciting, this beast can mangle your sound, provide a unique blended distortion or anything in between. It has a “Balance” control feature that lets you blend in the dry guitar sound for lots of tonal variation. Some notable players include Jorma Kaukonen of Jefferson Airplane, John Cippolina of Quicksilver Messenger Service and Jim McCarty of Cactus.
- General Build Instructions
- Scrambler™ Instructions
- Scrambler™ Bill of Materials
- Scrambler™ Schematic
- Scrambler™ Parts Layout and Wiring Diagram
- Scrambler™ Ready-For-Transfer Printed Circuit Board Layout – For use only if you are a complete DIY person who wants to etch and drill your own PCB. Otherwise, we recommend you ignore this PCB mask and buy the Ready-to-Solder Printed Circuit Board or Complete Kit.
- Scrambler™ Project History File
Other Reference Files
Buy an Ampeg™ Scrambler™ Complete Kit. Includes all the parts and materials you need to build one, all for about the price you would pay for a PCB and parts.
Would you like a Ready to Solder Circuit Board for this project? Note: If you buy the kit, the Ready-to-Solder Printed Circuit Board (RTS PCB) is included in the kit. You do not need to purchase this Ready to Solder Circuit Printed Board if you buy the kit.