Musitronics Mu-tron III (Neutron)
This is a Musitronics Mutron III replica project called the Neutron. This project is from the GEOFEX site. Based on one of the most famous and best sounding Envelope Filters ever made.. Trademarks mentioned here belong to their owners not to General Guitar Gadgets.
- Most of the optical units that we found to work well with this circuit are now obsolete. If you know of any solutions that work well for the LED/LDR unit, let us know and we can test it and post it on this page.
- If you experience noise from the Charge Pump, Connecting pin 1 and 8 of the 7660 IC with a jumper may stop the whine noise from that charge pump IC.
- Neutron PDF project file
- A Neutron Wiring Diagram for the Schematic-Impaired
- Neutron Bill of Materials
- Neutron Schematic
- Neutron Parts Layout/Wiring Diagram
- Neutron Ready-For-Transfer to Printed Circuit Board – For use only if you are a complete DIY person who wants to etch and drill your own PCB. Otherwise, we recommend you ignore this PCB mask and buy the Ready-to-Solder Printed Circuit Board or Complete Kit from the links below.
- Neutron Project Revisions History
Would you like a Ready to Solder Circuit Board for this project?