The Ross Distortion pedal is very similar to the MXR Distortion Plus pedal. This project uses the same Ready-For-Transfer Printed Circuit Board Layout file that is used in the Distortion Plus Project on this site. This is really a great sounding. Using the 741 IC is essential to the great sound.
- General Build Instructions
- Ross Distortion Replica Build Instructions
- Ross Distortion Bill of Materials Text
- Ross Distortion Schematic
- Ross Distortion Parts Layout and Wiring Diagram
- Ross Distortion Ready-For-Transfer Printed Circuit Board Layout For use only if you are a complete DIY person who wants to etch and drill your own PCB. Otherwise, we recommend you ignore this PCB mask and buy the Ready-to-Solder Printed Circuit Board or Complete Kit from the links below.
- Project Revisions History
Buy a DIST Complete Kit. Includes all the parts and materials you need to build one, all for about the price you would pay for a PCB and parts.
Would you like a Ready to Solder Circuit Board for this project? Note: If you buy the kit, the Ready-to-Solder Circuit Board (RTS PCB) is included in the kit. You do not need to purchase this RTS PCB if you buy the kit.
The following distortions can be built with the DIST Complete Kit or the Ready-to-Solder Printed Circuit Board. The Complete Kit includes all parts for any of these versions!
- MXR Distortion Plus
- DOD 250 Overdrive
- ’77 Gray DOD 250 Overdrive
- Ross Distortion