Direct Box – Active
This is a simple active Direct Inject Box with some very nice features. It is similar to the active box featured in the Boscorelli Book The Stompbox Cookbook. The active circuit provides for some gain (volume) control on the output to the XLR jack. The circuit has a charge pump in order to provide more headroom for the input signal. It features a gain control, polarity switch and ground lift switch. If built in a metal enclosure (recommended) you should use a XLR jack with a plastic casing so that the ground lift to work properly.
- General Build Instructions
- Active Direct Box Build Instructions
- Active Direct Box Bill of Materials
- Active Direct Box Schematic
- Active Direct Box Parts Layout
- Active Direct Box Ready-For-Transfer Printed Circuit Board Layout
- Active Direct Box Project Revisions History
Would you like a Ready to Solder Circuit Board for this project?