Vox™ Treble Boosters
This is a replica of the Vox Treble Booster. This booster was originally installed in guitars or in a small unit that plugs into the guitar. It uses a silicon transistor and comes in a couple different configurations. The original didn’t have a volume control, but there has been a schematic on the net for a long time that includes a volume control, so we’ve included that modification here as well.
- General Build Instructions
- Tone Booster Notes and Modifications
- Vox Treble Booster Instructions
- Vox Treble Booster Bill of Materials
- Vox Treble Booster Schematic
- Vox Treble Booster Parts Layout and Wiring Diagram
- Vox Treble Booster Ready-For-Transfer Printed Circuit Board Layout
- Vox Treble Booster Project Revisions History
Here’s the modification to include a Volume control. The Bill of Materials file above includes the part values for this modification.
- Vox Treble Booster With Volume Control Schematic
- Vox Treble Booster With Volume Control Parts Layout and Wiring Diagram
Here’s the modification that has an input capacitor switch and also includes a Volume control.
Buy a Vox Treble Booster Complete Kit. Includes all the parts and materials you need to build one, all for about the price you would pay for a PCB and parts.
Would you like a Ready to Solder Circuit Board for this project?